It's that buzzword again. 'Ideation', the term associated with post-it covered rooms and mindmaps comes to the social web.
AHHHA opens with a simple Google-esque page inviting you to enter an idea…your 'AHHHA' moment.
This idea gets filed into the system and anyone can come by to add to it or try to make it happen.
But why? AHHHA hopes to turn it's platform into a launch pad for ideas. They hope to capitalise on the ideas of mothers who only have a moment, or the creatives that churn out ones that disappear amongst other priorities. Opening up the ideas to people who can make them happen and investors looking for the next big one.
A smart social initiative AHHHA leans on their belief that an idea come to fruition is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration. With this model, the idea maker gets 1% of whatever profit can be churned out of their idea, and the remaining 99% gets distributed amongst the perspirators. Segmented off into portions according to amount of work contributed.
Get in on 'Turn[ing] Ideas into Profit' and share your AHHHA moment today!
'Foursquare on steroids' indeed.
Ditto presents a mobile app that organises and socialises your social life in some smooth ways.
With Ditto you're able not only to broadcast what you feel like eating to your social network, but immediately source a place to satisfy your craving, and easily recruit those interested. Other options for socialising your social life also include seeing what movies are available nearby, seeing which friends have seen it, aggregating their reviews, and heading to see it with the friends who would be up for joining in.
Linked up through Foursquare, Twitter and Facebook APIs Ditto is a great service that goes past the 'broadcast' and takes it to the next level of social collaboration.
The latest from Jaiku founder Jyri Engestrom, Ditto is also looking to branch out into book and music recommendations. With Jaiku having been swallowed up and acquired many moons ago by Google, could Ditto be looking at another such acquisition?
The pathway upwards away from the simple act of sharing to collaboration seems one certainly worth swallowing up yet.