IDEASPOTTER.COM (IDEASSPOTTER) is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information.
Personal information is important to ideasspotter.
1. ideasspotter is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. It recognises that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, ideasspotter will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
Collecting Personal Information
6. ideasspotter will not collect or monitor any personal information about you without your consent. The only personal information collected is what has been provided voluntarily.
7. If you register a user account via this website, or when products or services are purchased through this website or through marketing / promotional activities (eg via this website, in a store, over the telephone etc.), personal information may be requested (such as name, phone, email and address) in order to facilitate or provide you with certain products or services, and information about these products or services (including the opening, acceptance, progress, cancellation, rejection, payment, completion or incompletion of transactions undertaken on this website), marketing materials, newsletters, electronic newsletters (ideasspotter newsletters), new release / launch information, and advise of other ideasspotter’s services, competitions or events which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in ideasspotter being unable to facilitate or provide you with certain products or services, products or services information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information or accept promotion entries (where applicable).
8. As with many commercial websites, we may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our website. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of the website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where the website is accessed via links in an email we have sent.
Passive Information Collection
10. This website may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information to provide better service to site visitors and users, customise the site based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve the site for your use. Such information is not combined with personally identifiable information collected elsewhere on the site unless you have consented.
12. “Session” cookies are temporary bits of information that are used to improve navigation, block visitors from providing information where inappropriate (the website “remembers” previous entries of age or country of origin that were outside the specified parameters and blocks subsequent changes), and collect aggregate statistical information on the website. They are erased once you exit your Web browser or otherwise turn off your computer.
13. “Persistent” cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as passwords), helping to determine what areas of the website visitors find most valuable, and customising the Web site based on your preferences on an ongoing basis. Persistent cookies placed by this website on your computer may hold personally identifiable information, but only if you have registered or have otherwise consented to the retention of personally identifiable information you have provided at the site. Otherwise, our website’s server only knows that an unidentified visitor with your cookie has returned to the website.
14. You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject all cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. To learn more about cookies and how to specify your preferences, please search for “cookie” in the “Help” portion of your browser.
15. A site may use Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet and is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in most cases an IP address is dynamic (changing each time you connect to the Internet), rather than static (unique to a particular user’s computer). The IP address can be used to diagnose problems with a server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to a site, and administer and improve the site.
16. “Internet tags” (also known as single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1-by-1 GIFs) are smaller than cookies and tell the website server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor’s computer. Tags may be placed both on online advertisements that bring people to the site and on different pages of the site. Such tags indicate how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted.
17. “Navigational data” (log files, server logs, and clickstream data) are used for system management, to improve the content of the site, market research purposes, and to communicate information to visitors.
Using and disclosing your personal information
18. Personal information collected will be used for the following primary purpose:
b. To maintain the functionality of the website, including the provision of information to you relating to e-commerce transactions conducted via the website.
c. To fulfil obligations under any sale and purchase contract and/or any other contract between you and ideasspotter.
d. To provide you with information about your transactions (including opening, acceptance, progress, cancellation, rejection, payment, completion or incompletion of your transactions), services and products, to provide marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.
e. To maintain our relationship with you.
f. To render services related to the business of ideasspotter such as after sales services and enquiries.
g. To provide you with newsletters via mail and electronic newsletters (ideasspotter newsletters) via commercial electronic messages.
h. To improve the website and system administration.
i. To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other research and development.
j. To record statistical data for marketing analysis.
Contact by ideasspotter
20. ideasspotter may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
Your right of access
22. You have the right to review the information that may be recorded on the ideasspotter database. Information may be reviewed by contacting ideasspotter via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail: PO Box 1228 Mona Vale 1660 Australia. Please allow 14 days for this request to be processed.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
23. Information contained on the database may be amended by contacting ideasspotter via email: tony@ideasspotter or mail: PO Box 1228 Mona Vale 1660 Australia. Please allow 14 days for this request to be processed.
24. In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in ideasspotter being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions (including the opening, acceptance, progress, cancellation, rejection, payment, completion or incompletion of transactions), other services or product information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide certain goods or services (including after sales services).
25. We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
Storage and security of personal information
26. ideasspotter will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
27. In some cases these facilities may be overseas. ideasspotter employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by ideasspotter. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. ideasspotter will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
ideasspotter and links to other web sites
28. The website www.ideasspotter.com and any related website may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. ideasspotter is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to the ideasspotter website.
Problems or queries